Strolling Thunder 2024: Your Chance to Make a Difference
Child care that costs more than college tuition. Months-long waiting lists for early intervention or mental health services. Choosing between a paycheck and caring for your newborn.
Have you experienced challenges like these and want to give Congress a piece of your mind? Strolling Thunder™ is your chance. Travel expenses, hotel, and training are on us!
We’re looking for:
- One family from every state and the District of Columbia with a child under the age of 3
- Parents who have experiences that policymakers need to hear
- Social media storytellers who are willing to share their journey
Will you be a Strolling Thunder family?
Applications are due by February 2, 2024.
Tell us more about yourself and your family by filling out the form below!
We have no agenda other than helping babies and families thrive.
As a 2024 Strolling Thunder family, we’ll welcome you to Washington, DC for a rally and meetings with your Members of Congress on April 30, 2024.
What’s in it for you?
- An all-expense-paid trip Washington DC for your family (seriously!)
- Tell your story directly to policymakers
- Become part of our network of family advocates taking the reins for change
- Applications are due by February 2, 2024.
- ZERO TO THREE will cover travel costs for you, your children under the age of three (as of April 30, 2024), and one adult travel companion. You must be available to travel to Washington, DC between April 28 – May 1 and all Strolling Thunder activities. If you are interested in bringing additional family members or extending your travels, you must cover those costs and make those arrangements.
- No experience necessary! You’ll bring your baby, your stroller, and your story. Over the coming weeks, we’ll prepare you for your meetings with Members of Congress. And that’s just the beginning. As a Strolling Thunder family, we’ll work with you to help you become a Champion for Babies throughout the year, helping you use your story to push for the change you want to see.
Read our frequently asked questions about being a Strolling Thunder family.
If you won’t be available on April 30th to travel to Washington, DC or don’t meet the requirements to be a 2024 Strolling Thunder™ family, we hope that you’ll consider joining our network to receive news and alerts about other ways you can become a Champion for Babies. Full terms and conditions are available here.
Highlights from Strolling Thunder 2023
The Think Babies campaign and Strolling Thunder event are powered by ZERO TO THREE, the national non-profit organization committed to ensuring all babies and toddlers have a strong start in life.