Share the Think Babies Message
- The science is clear. Our brains grow faster between the ages 0 to 3 than any later point in life, forming more than 1 million new neural connections every second.
- When babies have nurturing relationships, early learning experiences, and good nutrition, those neural connections are stimulated and strengthened, laying a strong foundation for the rest of their lives.
- When babies don’t get what their growing brains need to thrive, they don’t develop as they should. This leads to life-long developmental, educational, social, and health challenges.
About Think Babies
- ZERO TO THREE created the Think Babies campaign to bring attention to what babies and their families need to thrive. The campaign’s priorities include: quality, affordable child care; time for parents to bond with their babies; healthy emotional development; and strong physical health and nutrition.
Support Systems to Ensure Families Thrive
- Quality, Affordable Child Care. We need to make sure every family who needs it has access to quality, affordable child care for their infants and toddlers that offer one-on-one relationships with caring adults and strong early learning experiences.
- Time for Parents to Bond with Their Babies. We need to give parents dedicated time to bond with their babies in the earliest months, when so much of their development is at stake.
- Healthy Emotional Development. We need to reach parents with resources and services they want and need to nurture their baby’s healthy development and set them up for a healthy life.
- Strong Physical Health and Nutrition. We need to ensure families have access to nutrition and other health services that can give them a healthy start in life.